Parent to Parent NZ Inc
Parent to Parent is a support and information network for parents, Siblings and Carers of children with disabilities or special needs.
A New Zealand organisation formed in 1983, the group has built up a support network that is now nationwide. Parent to Parent is affiliated to similar groups around the world and maintains close links with other organisations and professionals who work in related fields. Through a network of regional groups and trained volunteer Support Parents, Parent to Parent seeks to empower parents, caregivers, and whanau who have children and family members with disabilities, health impairments, or special needs through support, training and provision of information.
- One to one support through trained volunteer Support Parents with similar personal experiences
- Information on more than 3600 different conditions
- Sibling support programme – SibSupportN.Z.
- Family activities and support groups
- Autism Spectrum Disorder information service – Altogether Autism
- Parent Support Programme
- Individual Education Plan (I.E.P) Seminars
- Video Conferencing Service, connecting families, medical professionals and community
- Advocacy Support