Epilepsy New Zealand
EPILEPSY New Zealand provides free information and support to anyone affected by epilepsy through individual appointments, printed information, a support group and telephone contact.
What Do We Do?
- Educational services for professionals who work with people with epilepsy such as ambulance service staff, police, nurses and teachers
- Community awareness through speaking engagements in community groups including service clubs, workplaces, school and recreational clubs
- A national epilepsy helpline 0800 3745 37
- Information and support services, both face-to-face and over the phone
- Educational programmes to increase the understanding of a person with epilepsy, their family and friends
- Local branches offering various types of support and social groups
- Seizure management planning that provides strategies to help the person with epilepsy gain control of their seizures and build confidence